My Stitching History

Sunday, February 15, 2009

One of my earliest memories is of my mother sitting on the couch stitching. I believe she was working on some crewel project.
In first grade my mom taught me to do needlepoint. She took a clown picture that I drew and helped me to transfer it onto a canvas, and I started stitching. I never finished it, but I still have and cherish it.
Later, I learned crewel from a kit and made a cute Christmas mouse ornament for one of my friends. I also learned how to latch-hook, and my mom had the piece made into a pillow which we gave to a family friend for her new baby.

Sadly, I don't remember my first cross stitch project. My mom was stitching first and had all of the supplies. She even subscribed to a few cross stitch magazines.
My stitching really took off in the early 1990's. I had a 'stitching buddy' at work and we both signed up for a linen class at a cross stitch shop north of us. After that class, I was hooked on linen and I have rarely used aida cloth since. It was also at that shop that I learned of my favorite cross stitch store - which I will discuss at a later date . . .
I have no idea how many items/projects/etc. I have stitched. I usually give my stitching away as gifts! I have included a few photos of some of my most recent small projects here.

Itching For More Stitching!
Kim




0 Creative Comments:

Post a Comment