Working On

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is one of the projects I am currently working on, "Touching the Autumn Sky" by Mirabilia. I am stitching it on a lilac evenweave. As you can see from the picture, I changed the original suggested background color. I tend to do that with my projects. I just thought the purple color look more like autumn.
I began this project in the fall and remember stitching it while watching the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade on television. I had to put it aside to work on Christmas gifts and have not had the chance to work on it since.


UNFORTUNATELY, after I had been working on the piece for some time, I noticed the fabric boo-boo. I'm not sure how, but my Q-snap frame helped fray the fabric, evenweave seems to be fairly delicate. I was too far gone into my stitching to start over. I don't think there is a way to correct this so I think I'll just have to leave it alone as much as I can and hope that it is not too noticeable.

So I am about 2/3 done. All that is left is her dress and the bead work. When I do finish, it will just sit anyway until finances improve enough to afford to frame it. I have several pieces in line before this one for framing as it is!

Itching For More Stitching!
Kim

1 Creative Comments:

Wendy said...

Hi,

I have just found your blog and you make wonderful things. I love the "Touching the Autumn sky". Great progress on it! I'll come back to visit your blog again.

Greetings from Belgium,
Wendy

Post a Comment