Oops!...I Did It Again

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I was in a spring mood the day before the last cold snap hit, and started YET another project. This is "Gathering Eggs" by Mirabilia. I had the pattern from an old (April 1998) issue of BH&G Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine. I just looked it up on the Mirabilia site and the image is actually flipped from the pattern they printed for distribution.

I'm stitching this on pink evenweave. It's hard to tell by the photo. The color matches the pinks in the pattern, so I think it will look really cute. True, the path will be pink, but that will brighten up the piece and it will fit in nicely in my mom's guest room. The girl reminds me of my DD Grace.

So now I'm alternating between my small HAED "Bunny on Path Freebie" and this one. I am into the basket of eggs theme. I am trying to locate my pattern "Easter Kitty Moon" by Stitchy Kitty to begin another spring stitch project. That one has no basket, but it does have Easter eggs.



I confess, I'm a serial starter. SIGH! I just seem to have so many beautiful patterns in my stash, I can't resist! I am a little stuck finishing "Mother's Arms", another Mirabilia. I'm on the beading and I have to be in the right frame of mind for that. I also have two other projects waiting to be washed and ironed and embellished - I'll post those once I'm done.

Itching For More Stitching!
Kim

4 Creative Comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, this is a great start and will look gorgeous when it is finished! It is always nice when you can start something new!

Annie Bee said...

She is going to be beautiful when you finish her. It is always so much fun starting though. I love the process of picking out fabrics and doing floss tosses.

Lynn B said...

Kim
You have a surprise on my blog!

Wendy said...

Hi Kim,

I love reading your blog so much and enjoy your beautiful work that I have an award for you. Take a look at my blog for it please.

Take Care,
Wendy

Post a Comment